Friday, May 24, 2013

Foodie Friday: Pineapple Whip Ice Cream

Pineapple Whip Ice Cream -- Copyright 2013 Michelle Loy, MPH, MS, RD, CSSD -- Go Wellness
The grand opening of summer is upon us as we head into Memorial Day weekend, and I could not think of a better way to kick off the summer than by sharing a special cold and healthy dessert with you.  While I definitely think there's room in the diet for the occasional high quality premium ice cream, I also love to experiment with more nourishing ways to satisfy that same craving for a luscious, creamy, and flavorful cold treat.  If you don't believe me, then please check out my recipes for Banana Ice Cream, Blackberry Sorbet, Raspberry Creamsicles, and Strawberry Banana Ice Cream.  Yes, you just hit the jackpot of healthier summer frozen desserts. You're welcome!  Now, I introduce to you Pineapple Whip Ice Cream.  This is just amazing because it is so delicious that you will not believe it's healthy.  Plus, it's made with only 4 ingredients.  Boom!  My entire fam loves this.  Believe me, it will hit that ice cream craving spot!   Try it and let me know what you think.  Happy Memorial Day weekend!

Pineapple Whip Ice Cream

Ingredients:
6 cups frozen pineapple chunks, unsweetened
1/2 cup coconut milk (canned pure coconut milk is preferable)
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp honey

Directions:
1.  Combine all ingredients into a food processor or high quality, powerful blender, like a Vitamix.  (I would not recommend trying this in a regular blender as it may burn it out.  I would also recommend sticking around to make sure the food processor manages this well, too.)  Process until smooth.  Enjoy immediately!  

Serves: 6
Nutrition Information:
Calories: 141   Carbohydrate:  24 g   Protein:  1 g   Fat:  6 g   Cholesterol:  0 mg   Fiber:  2 g   Sugar:  18 g (2 g added sugar from honey; 16 g natural)   Sodium:  4 mg
Excellent source of:  vitamin C
Good source of:  thiamin, vitamin B6

If this looks good, please "like" it, "pin" it, and share it!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails