Friday, August 27, 2010

Foodie Friday: Mango Chutney & Prosciutto Pizza

Photo credit: Michelle Loy. Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

I've mentioned in a previous post that I have a bit of a liking for Food Network shows. In fact, if I had a default channel, that'd be it.  One of the shows that I enjoyed the summer was The Next Food Network Star  Throughout this last season, I found myself becoming a huge fan of Aarti Sequeria, and on the last episode, she prepared this fantastic looking pizza.  We enjoy pizza {almost} weekly in our house. It's mostly kid-friendly and provides an all-in-one variety of foods and nutrients, depending on the kind you get.  This particular pizza piqued my interest because Aarti definitely put her unique Indian spin on it. So I set out to prepare it right away.  I ended up making a few adaptations from her original, but I believe I pulled off a lovely version of this gourmet-like pizza.  Enjoy!

Mango Chutney and Prosciutto Pizza
{Print this recipe}
Ingredients:
1/2 c no salt added tomato paste
2 Tbsp mango chutney (This can be found in the international food aisle. I used Patak's Sweet Mango Chutney as recommended.)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 c water
Salt and freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
1/2 c shredded 2% milk mozzarella cheese
1/2 c crumbled queso fresco (I used this Mexican cheese instead of the original paneer cheese that's called for because I just couldn't find it anywhere.)
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (I actually left this out so that it would be a more kid-friendly recipe.)
1/4 c chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1 large green onion, finely chopped
1/8 tsp ground cumin
4 frozen naan bread (I used Trader Joe's brand as recommended.)
4 slices prosciutto, torn

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
  2. Mix the tomato paste, mango chutney, minced garlic, and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Heat for about 5 minutes. Then remove the pan from stove and set aside.
  3. Mix the mozzarella, queso fresco, red pepper flakes, cilantro, green onion, and ground cumin in a small mixing bowl.  Season with salt and pepper.
  4. Place the naans on a large cookie sheet.  Coat the top of each naan with an equal amount of the tomato-mango chutney sauce.  Next, top each naan with equal amounts of the cheese mixture.  Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the edges are crisped.
  5. While the pizzas are baking, shred the prosciutto into small bite-sized pieces. After the pizzas are finished baking, top each pizza with fresh prosciutto.  Slice each naan into 4 pieces and serve with a nice hearty vegetable salad.  Enjoy!
Serves: 4-8
Nutritional Information (for 8 servings):
Calories: 187   Carbohydrate:  25.5 g   Fat:  5.8 g   Saturated fat:  3.4 g   Protein:  8 g   Cholesterol:  19 mg   Fiber:  1.4 g   Sugar:  4 g   Sodium:  321 mg
Good source of: Vitamin A and calcium.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails